Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Another online appreciation

I found this online appreciation of Thai while browsing his web posts. I knew many of his blogs, but was not aware he posted on this one. The name of the blog is Movin' Meat:
The Accidental Blog of a Semi-accidental ER doc living in the Pacific Northwest. Here it is:


Thai was a regular commenter who gave me a lot of grief. He had a much more conservative view, especially on the economics of medicine and the outlook for the future, with or without health care reform. He was dogged in arguing his point, but he was always respectful and on-topic. When I saw his name pop up in the comments I always had to brace myself for the vigorous back and forth that was sure to follow. We went to the same residency program, a few years apart. We never met but we corresponded a fair bit off-line.I just found out that he died last week after sustaining a heart attack. He left behind a wife and four boys. I'll miss his contributions, and my thoughts are with his family just now.In lieu of flowers, his family suggests donations to the Thai McGreivy, M.D. Memorial Fund, which was established by the family in Thai’s honor to fund educational scholarships for excellence and intellectual curiosity in science, mathematics and economics. To contribute by check: Make checks payable to the “Thai McGreivy, M.D. Memorial Fund/CFNCR” And mail them to: The Community Foundation for the National Capital Region Attn: Kenny Emson, 1201 15th Street NW, Suite 420, Washington, DC 20005

No comments:

Post a Comment